Flu Vaccinations -Protect yourself this winter
Flu vaccinations are available at Health Express Pharmacies between September and February.
Am I eligible for a free flu jab?
If you fall into one of the following high risk categories you’re likely to be eligible for a free flu vaccination funded by the HSE, which our fully trained Pharmacists can provide in one of our private consultation areas.
You don’t need a GP referral or the GP’s permission to have a free flu jab in one of our pharmacies. Please speak to your pharmacist for details about your eligibility.
High risk categories:
- You’re over 65
- You’re pregnant
- You have asthma or lung disease
- You have chronic heart disease
- You’re diabetic
- You have a chronic kidney condition
- You have a chronic liver condition
- You’ve had a stroke
- You have an illness or are taking medicines that lower your natural defences
- You work with the elderly or act as a carer
If you fall outside of the eligibility group you can still choose to get vaccinated against flu and help prevent this debilitating infection from spoiling your winter.
We can arrange an appointment and provide the flu jab for you at a small cost in selected Health Express Pharmacies.
Just call in and ask, we’re here to help!